HiroshimaSunrise

The online portfolio and whimsical ramblings of Robert James Page

Congress 2009

About a month ago I took a trip up to Gauteng for about a week or so for the Students' Architectural Congress 2009.

What a rad week!
Basically, all the schools of architecture from around the country get together in the same city for a few days once a year. In the glorious name of architecture we attend guest lectures, meet new people, sleep in tents and party pretty hard! =P
This year was held in Pretoria, which I must admit, I was pretty surprised to discover is actually a REALLY beautiful city. I had always assumed it was pretty similar to Jo'burg, but its not at all. Definitely a place I'd love to visit again.


Road to PTA


We arrived a day early and explored Pretoria. I went out that night to a little restaurant/bar/club effort that I can't remember the name of, and watched a couple bands play. Good start. The next day we did the typical tourist thing from a couple of really cool, low rider busses..


Busses

We drove around the city, and eventually stopped off at the union buildings which are so beautiful. I love being a tourist!

Union Building

Union Gardens


Their University is really pretty, kind of puts mine to shame.


Tuks


But more about that next time..
blog comments powered by Disqus