HiroshimaSunrise

The online portfolio and whimsical ramblings of Robert James Page

197 Florida Road

Project 2 was an art gallery for Florida Road, a particularly trendy boulevard of clubs, restaurants and businesses in Durban. We were given a small, flat public park just opposite Spiga D'Oro restaurant as our site, and "femininity" as a general concept to elaborate on.

This project was a whole lot more fun than the last one. It was a lot shorter, and since I'd had design principles drilled into me pretty hard by the last one, I was a little more confident in my design this time around. I was also more competent with the software (ArchiCAD and Artlantis) this time around, so the drawings and renders came out much better.

Eating area

Front

East

Gordon Road

Back

Offices

Exhibition


I'm still a lot happier with this design than the previous one, but as always, I can't help looking back as I wrte this and thinking about all the things I would change. I wonder if Mies Van Der Rohe ever got this feeling..
blog comments powered by Disqus