HiroshimaSunrise

The online portfolio and whimsical ramblings of Robert James Page

New scatch pad. Wiki wiki

With all the craziness of the last couple weeks, I totally forgot about something totally awesome I did before I went to Jo'burg..


A little while ago I watched a rad little band from Amsterdam called Voist play at Burn Nightclub. Apart from being a really great band, the guitarist had a rather beautiful fender Tele' with a scratch pad cut out of a vinyl record. I'm not sure if he did it himself, or had it made, but I thought it was really cool, so since my scratch pad on my guitar was pretty much completely wrecked, I decided to try and make one for myself.

It was a bit harder than I thought it would be. I had trouble tracing any sort of shape onto the records, and after completely destroying one with a jigsaw, I had to cut it out with a blunt little junior hacksaw.


I might do it again when I feel so inclined, but apart from one small crack and a few miss-measured screw holes it came out pretty great..

blog comments powered by Disqus